Tuesday, September 27, 2011

DAY 39

Tomorrow will mark the 2/3rds the way through mark!  Feeling good and enjoying my trips to the gym.  I was in there today and The Biggest Loser was on.  What they do is just sad... sure it has great immediate results- but none of that is sustainable (for the vast majority).  Sure I know what you might be thinking:

"Isn't a crash juicing diet and losing 3-5lbs a week another form of the same monster? A temporary fix?"

The answer is yes and no.  Yes it is temporary and no-doubt a 'crash' diet.  But for those of us who are incredibly overweight- it's the jump-start or 'reboot', if you will, that gets the ball rolling.  During these 60-days, Brian and I are learning more and more about nutrition, good habits, good foods, and at the same time we're building a familiarity with produce as opposed to meaty processed products.  We'll have 2-3 weeks of a recovery period where we mix in nuts, beans, seeds, etc... and then start working in mean slowly and carefully.  Eventually it will incur a lifelong diet of moderation that fits our lifestyles and needs instead of cravings and indulgence.

When you jump-start a car, you're not powering it for good but giving it the boost it needs to run on it's own again.  That's how I'm treating this... as my jump-start to the healthy life I need and deserve.

Enough banter... I just wanted to lay that down on the blog tonight.

Weight: 259lbs (unofficial)

Consumed: Green Juice, Gazpacho Juice, small salad, broccoli, a banana, and an apple.

Rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment