Wednesday, August 31, 2011

DAY 12

Still.  No.  Juicer.

Looks like it may be another week too.  The good news is that I'll be headed back up this weekend and will get to enjoy juicing Saturday and Sunday.  We're kinda hoping against the odds that the juicer comes in Saturday... but I seriously doubt it.  Oh well.  Today I began to worry that I wasn't getting enough calories from just the fruits and veggies. As Joe pointed out early in the movie... the benefit to juicing is concentrating the nutrient goodness so that you don't have to eat platters of greens and such.  So to compensate I've upped the fruit intake and started to add some salad in (yes with some light dressing).  The salad has been pretty good.. mixed in Romaine, some other green leafy, baby spinach, carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower.

Now I don't feel like I'm just surviving on fruits, carrots, and broccoli... although I do rather enjoy those foods as well.

The downside to all this solid intake is that I can't say I'm juicing anymore, the build-up of solids in my gut is increasing my perceived weight, and I really feel bad that Brian is fully immersed in the "real deal" and here I am eating and chewing solid food again after only a week or so.  It's been somewhat disconcerting as I mentioned in my last post.

I really wish they would finish the gym renovations where I live so at least I can get some exercise in without strolling through the 'hood'.

Weight: 277.5

Consumed:  A few salads, a bowl of mixed fruit chunks/berries, a banana, and some carrots.

Rating: 8/10

1 comment:

  1. No worries Casey -- as I mentioned if Carl steps up this weekend - you got another partner in crime to help you restart your reboot. You are doing so well man -- you just got to remember what you started at and realize you are doing the average other guy. Keep it down (your weight) and keep your attitude up!!!! Your Bud - Brian

    ReplyDelete